Monday, October 10, 2011

We Got Game(s)

It's your resident party thrower here, and what would Fall be without a Football Party?  Which game, you ask?  Well, all of them, of course!  We invited a whole slew of friends over to enjoy some good food, and good football.

Do you like our re-fashioned shirts?  Check back later in the week to see how we made them!

Not everyone was a fan of the same team, so I tried to incorporate all of our favorites in to the festivities. This bunting was made from sheets of felt.


 I found the team logos online, printed them out and traced them on to the felt.  Then, the kids cut them out and glued them on to the pennants with fabric glue.  At the end of the party, I detached each pennant and sent them home with the junior football fans.


I know it's technically Autumn, but this is Florida, and a good ole' fashion crawfish boil is always in season!


Here's a tip: Add a little vinegar to your water when cooking shrimp or crawfish still in their shell.  The meat comes right out of the shell!

This sweet and sour bean dip is DEE-LISH and BEE-autiful!  I'll post the recipe later this week, so don't forget to check back in. 


I made a centerpiece for the food table out of items I found around the house and a few pennants I had made for the bunting.


Can't we all just get along?  A few canning jars and chalkboard labels are all I needed to personalize these rivalry cocktails...

And remember these?  They were perfect for holding the essential game day snack...



Good food, Good friends, Good football, what s'more can a girl ask for?


 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE