Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm Organized....well, sort of...

 Look, I like things neat.  I like to eat healthy, and workout, I like the idea of working hard to brighten the day of everyone I come in contact with, and never losing my temper with my kids.  Sure, I want to spend more time with family, cook more meals at home, save more money and take more vacations.  Who doesn't??


But, I've noticed this year that there is a big emphasis on making a New Year's Resolution to not make a resolution.  The premise being that no one ever keeps them anyway, so what's the point?  I considered following the trend; after all, I'm probably good for 30-60 days, and then the inevitable happens.  A wrench gets thrown in to my good intentions and I'm off the wagon.


But, I thought, what if I didn't have those 30-60 days; the ones where I lose about 10 lbs., clean out my file cabinet, plan fun trips, and put away extra money?  I shudder to think at where I'd be!  This year's 10 lbs would be next year's 20 lbs.  And this year's mess would just pile on top of last year's mess.  And when the refrigerator decides it's tired of working, or a baseball comes flying through my window (or I see a really cute dress that I can't live without) - where would that money come from?


Let's face it, many of us may not keep our resolutions all year, but we do make progress for the few weeks we manage to hang on, and for that, we're better off! Right?



 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE