Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweet Somethings..

There's a certain DH in my life that says Valentine's Day (and other such so-called holidays) is just another day contrived by greeting card companies to sell more stuff.  I don't care.  Valentine's Day is the one time of year that I can decorate my house to look like an 8 year old girl's candy shop and no one can fault me for it!  Candy hearts, pink ribbons, shoot, I'd float votives in Pepto Bismol if I didn't think my son would drink it. No kidding, he once drank water we'd treated for his fish tank - just because it was there. But, I digress...


The fact is, February is just the perfect time to change things up around the house.  You've forgotten about the hassle of packing up and cramming a dozen tubs of Christmas decorations back in to the attic, but you haven't quite gotten used to the empty feeling it left around the house. So, get creative...


Create little vignettes using every day items that just happen to be red and pink, then add a heart or two...

 I like the idea of using letter tiles to spell out "Love You"

Get creative with paper....

Fill some jars with candy hearts and tie some fabric strips to create a lovely garland...

I love this heart shaped pillow SO much! I wouldn't even limit this one to Valentine's Day.  


What are your Valentine Decorating ideas?  




 

 
 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE