Friday, April 27, 2012

Guest post by Emma: Take Your Child To Work Day

Note from Liz:  Emma is Holley's daughter and she joined us on take your child to work day.  We are delighted to have her as a guest blogger!


As you may know, April 26th was Take your Child to Work Day. I spent the day hanging out with my mom at M&M and really enjoyed the work day. First, we bought some flowers for a future blog post....



and then we got some Starbucks, I had a tall Double Chocolate Chip Frapuccino and it was delicious. 



Here's me weeding this monogram featured in a blog post coming soon! A lot of people think it's just a sticker, but the machine cuts the design and you have to pull away the excess.



And this is the monogram on the picture frame! First you put a sticky paper on top of the monogram and put pressure on it, then the monogram comes off on the paper and you can apply it to the item. I still have some smoothing out to do as you can see.




After lunch I helped a few customers, learned how to edit the website cover picture, (check out my work here) and helped out wherever I was needed.  It was a pretty fun day.  I had so much fun, I think I'm going to start my own blog!

-Emma



 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE