Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Back Porch Update


 I love it when the dull and drab of winter begins to give way to beautiful shades of green in my yard.  The sunny days bring such warmth and brightness to everything around, except my back porch!  Unfortunately, it still looked like winter.....


Enter a can of spray paint...


If you've never used spray paint for a paint project, you are missing out!  It is so easy to use and the color selection is amazing!  My only spray painting tip?  Avoid windy days.  It will take twice as many cans to get your project done.


I decided to paint the plant stands this lively shade of blue!  I always start with the object upside down, then second coat with it right side up.  That way, any imperfections that may show will be covered with the second coat.

Then I decided to make a small accent pillow.  I had the form and the fabric laying around.  I just monogrammed the fabric and then made this simple cover.  



And when I say simple, I'm not kidding.  I'll post the tutorial in a few days.  Once you know how to make a pillow cover this way, you'll want to recover every pillow in your house!

And now, the final reveal! A new plant and some accent pieces for the table really pull it together!  The best part is, I spent only $35!


Now I have a back porch that fits in with the warm, sunny days!





0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE