Monday, May 7, 2012

Save it for Cinco de Next Year



SO...maybe a little late to use for this year, but here are some fun ideas for NEXT year's Cinco de Mayo party...or any party that needs to be fun so that you can drink plenty of margaritas!


Start with an appetizer.


Funny story, I was looking for a yummy thing to bring to the party, so off to my trusty Pinterest boards I went.  


Yes, score!  Found a dip recipe that looked delish!  Some helpful pinner had listed the ingredients right on the pin, awesome!  I added them to my list and off to the store I went.  


Now in time crunch mode, I click through to the recipe. 


Bad pinner.


BAD.


ALL ingredients were not listed....really....how do you think that is helpful?


So... let me share with you my own original recipe that I had to make up to make the dip taste good!  It is super easy and yummy!




You will need:
2 cans of mexi-corn (11 oz)
1 can of Rotel
1 cup each of sour cream and mayonnaise
about 3 large green onions, all the parts, green and white
12 oz grated cheddar cheese....grate it yourself, it works much better
1 envelope taco seasoning mix


Mix it all together and chill.  Serve with chips, veggies, Fritos etc.  YUM!




And for our super fancy main course:  


Walking Tacos (if you are feeling fancy).  


At my house we just call 'em Tacos in a Bag (we are classy like that).  


For this gourmet delight, you set up all the fixins for a taco bar, but instead of plates and chips, you just put out bags of Fritos or Doritos.  


Here's the hard part: open the bag...add all your taco yumminess and Voila'! Walking tacos.  Eat it right out of the bag.  I know, classy, I told you, but so easy and fun...and no dishes to do!




Don't forget the entertainment!






black tablecloth+empty frame+mustaches+camera phone= hours of hilarity!






Did you have a great Cinco de Mayo?  


We would love to hear about it!  Leave your link in your comment...and don't forget to follow.  We ♥ followers!


 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE