Thursday, July 12, 2012

Personalized drop cloth pillow tutorial

I love pillows.  Love to change em around, personalize em, make em.  They just add a little something special to your decor, you know?


So, I wanted/needed some new pillows for various places in my house.  As usual, budget was low.  I have plenty of old pillows to use for stuffing, so I just needed the covers.  I also wanted them to work with my new design vision: cottage chic, funky junk, whatever you want to call it.  I didn't want new shiny pillows from the store.  I had some dropcloths that I had bought to make curtains out of, so I started there. 


First, make your pillow cover with any tutorial you wish.  We have an easy one here.


Then, buy or make a stencil.  I used my vinyl cutter to make a seahorse, then pulled the seahorse out and used the outline for my stencil.  I especially like this because I was able to adhere my stencil to the pillow.




Then, I took out a sharpie and colored it in.  Here is what I came up with.  




So easy, my 11 year old can do it!






11 COMMENTS:

Colleen said...

What a great idea and so easy! I can see my three kids being put to work immediately :-)

Unknown said...

What a great way of changing up a pillow in such a cute and simple way!
New follower from the Blog Hop
-Buffi
My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

Anonymous said...

Lorie
I Love sharpies. I have not thought to use them like paint what a great idea. May I use your idea?
I have not been here before it is my first time. I will come back. I do not have a blog.

The Prudent Pantry said...

What a great idea. This looks so easy yet it makes a huge difference. Can't wait to try it!

I would love it if you would share this at my new Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-smart-solutions-linky_13.html

Have a great day!

Donna said...

WOW!! This is so cool and you made it sound so easy. Going drop cloth and vinyl shopping soon - I already own plenty of Sharpies. Saw your photo and link on House of Hepworths.

Dixie Delights said...

I love these pillows!!

Pamela R said...

Wow what a simple, brilliant idea! How well does this hold up to the wash however?

Albert Jackson said...

Super easy and fun! It might be right logic skills of children. Thanks so much!

Trophykart said...

WOW! Excellent Post! Buy Trophies Corporate Gifts, promotional items, photo Mugs Online.

Egainz Web Designing said...

this looks cool, got new idea , will try today

Have look at our businesses :
Egainz - Web Designing Company in India
Divine Livings PG in Gurgaon, Haryana, India

Acil said...

Thanks for sharing wonderful, informative and useful blog, I like it.



Want to make your own website!!!
Contact ACIL the best web design company in Delhi.
WEB DESIGNING COMPANY IN DELHI, WEBSITE DESIGNING COMPANY IN DELHI NCR,WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANY IN DELHI, WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY IN DELHI, RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DESIGNING COMPANY



Interested in Graphic Designing Course!!!
Contact ACIL for the best Graphic designing Institute in Gurgaon.
#1 GRAPHIC DESIGN TRAINING INSTITUTE IN GURGAON



Interested in Python training!!!
Contact ACIL for the best Python Training Institute in Gurgaon.
#1 PYTHON TRAINING IN GURGAON ~ PYTHON TRAINING INSTITUTE IN GURGAON



Interested in Web Designing Course!!!
Contact ACIL for the best Web Designing Institute in Gurgaon.
WEB DESIGNING INSTITUTE IN GURGAON ~ WEB DESIGNING COURSE IN GURGAON








Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE