Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Mint" to be...first day of school!

My daughter started school today, the first day of 5th grade!  Appropriately, I am making a new start today too.  I am jumping back into the blogging world with both feet!  I have never been a fantastic blogger like my friend Missy, but I love blogs and admire those that are fantastic, so join me on the journey and we'll see what happens!

We first found this cute idea on Pinterest (more on that obsession later!) and when L got just the perfect teacher we knew that the project MUST be done!

The original picture and post are from the most adorable blog, Brown Paper Packages.  Kierste has tons more great ideas and shares free printables to some, like this one!  We loved the idea so much, but adapted it just a wee bit to fit.  Since the school colors at L's school are red and blue, we used Peppermint Patties instead of Andes Mints and coordinated the paper and ribbon to match.  Loved the idea of reusing the Crystal Light container, but alas, had none on hand so we got this nifty little jar at Hobby Lobby that Mrs. Teacher can keep on her desk for handy snacking!


All in all, we thought this idea was SUPER cute and just the right way to start off the new school year!



 

 

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE