Friday, February 17, 2012

Repurposing Is My Friend

 I know I've already talked about how I'm mostly a quite unorganized person.  Don't ask me how, but usually things fall in to place, and over the past few years I've definitely learned the art of editing.  Lately I have been thinking about getting some things around my house more organized, but the hum drum bins and shelves and other mass produced efficiency items just haven't been doing it for me.

It's so much more fun to find a way to use something for a purpose other than it was originally intended to do.  

I love these muffin tins screwed to shelves for fold out nail storage.  I don't use nails and screws on a regular basis, but this would be a good idea for under a bathroom cabinet for cotton balls, bobby pins, hair bands, and other tiny things that love to get lost around my house.

 I'm just plain disappointed in myself that I have never thought of this! Inexpensive hanging baskets make for perfect storage and display at the same time!  And they could easily be painted to match any room in the house.
I just picked up a small window screen in the clearance aisle at 
Wal Mart yesterday for $1.50.  I can't wait to get this project started!



How smart is this?  I know this bin is intended for organization, but threading the ribbon through the holes is just genius!!

What are some ways that you've repurposed items for storage in your home or office?

 
 
 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 A LETTERED LIFE